The weather is warmer, and your SUP is ready but perhaps your six-pack abs haven’t quite showed up yet. Here’s a quick Pilates-based workout I’ve put together to get them pop like an umbrella in a rainstorm!
This workout consists of 3 exercises done in a circuit style. Aim for 30 seconds-1 minute of each exercise and repeat the circuit of 3 exercises for 5 rounds! Avoid resting in between exercises, but feel free to rest 30 seconds-1 minutes between rounds. The whole workout should take no more than 10-15 minutes (depending on how much rest you take)!
Ready to slim your core like never before!? Let’s get it started!
1. SUP Ankle Taps
- Starting on your back with arms and legs extended.
- Curl forward, bending the knees as you sit up and reach your hands to tap your ankles.
- Lower back down and repeat for 30 seconds aiming for as many as possible!
2. SUP Teasers
- Start on your back, paddle in your hands, arms and legs extended.
- Engage your core, pulling your belly button back and simultaneously lift the paddle up to towards your lifted legs. (To modify, keep the knees bent throughout the movement).
- Lower back down and repeat that exercise for 30 seconds aiming for as many teasers as possible!
3. Rolling Side Plank
- Start in a plank position, elbows directly underneath the shoulders, positioned on the knees or toes. (Knees down to modify.)
- Straddle your feet as you open up to the right and extend your top arm to the sky. Hold for a split second. (To modify, roll onto stacked knees as you rotate to each side.
- Then roll the elbow back down and back to plank.
- Straddle your feet as you open up the left and extend your top arm to the sky. Hold for a split second.
- Roll the elbow back down and back to plank.
Repeat as many rotations as you can in 1 minute! Aiming for 5 rounds, and completing this workout several times a week will increase the “pop-abilities” of 6 pack abs in no time!
For more workouts like this, check out SUP TV on youtube and take me out on the water with you as I guide you through complete SUP workouts!