Just wanted to let everyone know the results of Delaney’s paddle event for Rady Children’s Hospital yesterday… She paddled her little heart out, and finished all 11.8 miles on her own board, in about 3.5 hours! If you haven’t already seen the newspaper article in today’s North County Times, here it is, a very nice article by NCT reporter Dan Bennett with further details.
Also wanted to say (one more time), “THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH” for the generous donations for the good folks at Rady Children’s Hospital. Together we raised close to $6000, which will help Rady take care of kids who have no insurance, and whose families can’t afford the treatments they need to get healthy. We are so blessed here in San Diego, it’s hard to imagine the level of need that is out there, but it is real, and so wonderful when communities can band together to help.
On that note, we are moving forward with Delaney’s quest to hear about what other kids are doing to help others, through her Kidz Who Care project. With all the negative stuff constantly circulating around us, it’s so refreshing to hear the good! So send her a note, and let us know what kinds of things, big or small, the kids in your life are doing to make the world, and our community, a better place: email info@DelaneyKuepper.com
And a last note and special shout-out to the folks that supported Delaney and surrounded her with encouragement and love yesterday:
• Dave & Rhonda @ King’s Paddlesports, thanks for the amazing boards, support and fellowship, and caring about Delaney’s passion!
• Izzy and Coco at Surf Diva, thanks for sponsoring, supporting, and mentoring our lil’ Diva!
• Gina and Ethan, thanks so much for the use of your gorgeous boat yesterday, couldn’t have made it the whole way without it and the nautical skills of Captain Ethan!
• Carole & Derek, thanks so much for the JetSki escort down the coast, we would have been lost without Butler Derek as our safety officer, and for transporting drinks and snacks to Delaney and our thirsty support team!
• Scott, a big thanks for all your amazing videography and photography skills, and paddling with us yesterday!
• Julie, thanks so much for the fabulous Z-Gear Delaney and I wore to keep warm and hydrated, and for joining us!
• Ed, so much fun having you with us yesterday, and thanks for the incredible GoPro shots, and coverage on Soul SUP!
• Joe, thanks for feeding a hungry crowd with your amazing subs from Jersey Mike’s of Encinitas!
• Thanks to all our friends and family that came out to send us off in Cardiff, and greet us in La Jolla, and to those that paddled the entire distance by Delaney’s side – Nicole, Julie, Izzy, Scott, Dave, John, Andrew, James, and Ed, thanks for the love and encouragement!!
• And finally, Delaney would like to thank the Lord for a perfect, beautiful day, it was everything we prayed for, and for keeping us all safe during our trek to La Jolla Cove.
I know I’m missing a couple names, so please let me know the emails of whomever I missed… Here are some pics, check Facebook for more!
Aubrey, Claudia & Delaney Jane