Kids on the Water Everywhere!
SUP Industry Association
Dana Point, CA – SUPIA’s Youth SUP Days
Be looking for neon orange & yellow hats on the water this weekend as retail, manufacturer & instructor member’s of the Stand Up Paddle Industry Association host clinics, lessons, open houses, and races for young people in locations everywhere!
• Introductory lessons, beach cleanup, and water safety – with a focus on the importance of physical fitness and healthy living – will be offered by PAPPA SURF on Goodman’s Bay in Nassau, Bahamas.
• In Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, DELMARVA BOARD SPORTS has invited Little League, Junior Lifeguards, POP Warner, Local Scouts and Boys and Girls Club to learn to paddle board and demo children’s boards. Parents can rent boards on site so the entire family can be on the water together.
• In Newport Beach, California SUPLOVE is offering free 30 minute youth lessons for ages 9 and over at their Beach Club on Via Lido.
• At the Florida Cup in St. Petes Beach, Florida SUNCOAST SURF SHOP’s Bailey Rosen will host a kids race partnering with KM BOARDS, as well as a kids relay race on inflatable boards. Open to Junior SUP racers, recreational junior paddlers, as well as potential future paddlers.
• Multiple SUPIA members have teamed up for the AquaFest all day Saturday in Dana Point, California with WESTWIND SAILING providing free basic SUP instruction. THE PADDLE ACADAMY adds a youth teaching youth component with kids race clinics , while RIVIERA PADDLESURF shared a fleet of boards for the day.
• Both of DOWNUNDER CT’s locations – Rowayton & Westport CT – will be holding an intro to SUP event that incorporates a lesson, followed by relays, and ending with a race for ages 9-16 years.
• Fresh off of a big event weekend, NO SNOW STAND UP PADDLEBOARD SHOP in Mesa, Arizona will be introducing kids up to age 15 to stand up paddle boarding, [ can learn about the history of stand up paddle, all equipment required, importance of proper safety equipment, correct sizing for PFD, and trying a board out if they feel ready to hit the water.
• At Yosemite Lake outside of Merced, California, NO LIMIT SUP is hosting a variety of youth group invitees such as boys and girls club, youth sports and current customer’s families.
• Michael Tavares of BOARDWORKS is offering free demos in downtown Richmond, Virginia with instruction & kids relays.
• Rock Harbor in Nashville, Tennessee is where PADDLE UP TN will host 25 Big Brother/Big Sister members for their first water experiences with SUP.
• TIME 2 PLAY FITNESS has invited youth 9-15 years olds from local Boys and Girls clubs and schools to SUP on Lake Elsinore, California
• NALU SUP & SURFs intro to paddling event in Wendy Park, Cleveland, Ohio will need to be postponed until the water warms up. They look forward to hosting a few groups of Boy’s and Girl’s club’s to come down and learn and experience the fun. Some of our current youth will be involved, demonstrating how it’s done.
• In Ottawa, Canada URBAN OCEAN are enthusiastic about getting youth on the water although weather may push their plan to another weekend.
For more information, please visit our website http://www.SUPIndustry.org or Facebook Page SUPIAYouthSUPDays or contact info@SUPIndustry.org
About SUP Industry Association
SUPIA is the Trade Organization of all Stand Up Paddle businesses: Manufacturers, Retailers, Service Providers, Media, Sales Reps, Distributors, Suppliers, etc. SUP Industry Association will strive to move Stand Up Paddling forward in a positive direction, while improving each members individual business.
To learn more about Stand Up Paddle Industry Association, please contact
Kristin Thomas, Executive Director
PO Box 3015
Dana Point, CA 92629